2017 Membership Drive and call for council members
Our past events include:
- South Pacific Writing Competition: Advancement of Software and Technology
- Summer of Code: Programming Competition, December 1st 2014 – January 30th 2015
- Elearning Workshop for Secondary School Teachers (October, 2014)
- Linux for Beginners Workshop (August 2nd, 2014)
The following are planned but not finalized
- Linux for Intermediate/Advance Users
- Android Application Development for Beginners
- Computer Literacy using Tablets and SmartPhones: The goal of the course is to introduce students to use of software for educational and office productivity via smart phones and Tablets. Social network access, Internet access and multimedia support will be provided. Safety, security and a number of issues will be highlighted.
- C++ Programming Workshop: Topics include control statements, repetition, arrays, functions, recursion, strings, files and structs with basics of object oriented programming. As a prerequisite, the students should know about the basics of programming. The boot camp will concentrate mostly on problem solving abilities, however, the fundamental topics of programming constructs will be revised.